Welcome!!!

My name is Jennifer, aka Mama Jenn! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I hope you are able to find some really great books featuring "brown like me" characters! Please continue to check back because I am updating the list regularly!


What exactly is the "Brown Like Me" Book Review?
This is a review of books that my children and I have read with "brown" characters in them. Some of the books I read to my kids and others I didn't feel were appropriate for my kids. But, that is the beauty of it. This is a book review and I will give you my honest opinions about what I/we thought! :-)

How did it get started?
Well, here is the story. One day I was reading a book to my daughter and she got so excited and belted out, "hey mommy, she's brown like me!" At that point I had not really thought too much about how important it was for my daughter to read books about kids/characters who looked like her. Well, her actions clearly let me know that it was important and from that point I decided that I needed to be proactive about selecting quality books for my kids that featured characters who are "brown like me." Hence, the "Brown Like Me" Book Reviews!