I Like Myself!

by Karen Beaumont
Illustrated by David Catrow

This book is VERY cute! I really reminds me of a Dr. Seuss book. The book is very silly, but the little girl exudes self-confidence, which I absolutely love! In rhyme she talks about all the things she likes about herself. Just to give you an idea of the silly nature of the book, the little girl comments on how she would still like herself even if she had "knobby knees or hippo hips or purple polka-dotted lips." Despite the silliness, the true points come across loud and clear!!!

"Even when I look a mess,
I still don't like me any less,
'cause nothing in this world, you know,
can change what's deep inside, and so..."

"Inside, outside, upside down,
from head to toe and all around,
I like it all: It all is me:
And me is all I want to be."

This is a very cute book about having self-confidence and self-appreciation!